Join the University of Derby at a breakfast seminar at the Rolls-Royce Heritage Centre to find out about available business support
Date: 31 January 2018
Time: 8:00am - 12:30pm
Location: Rolls-Royce Heritage Centre, Wilmore Lane, Derby, DE24 9BD - use Gate 5A
The University of Derby is holding a Data Science and Engineering Innovation event at Rolls-Royce Heritage Centre on the 31st January, 2018.
This networking event is for you if you're:
- an engineering, advanced manufacturing or data science business looking to design new or optimize existing products, processes or services;
- an SME based in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire;
- interested in engineering simulation, product design, vehicle dynamics, additive manufacturing or data science and applications of digital technologies.
Join the breakfast seminar to find out how the University of Derby can help your business - with fully funded technical expertise, access to facilities, grants for innovation, projects and R&D collaboration.
This ERDF project is a partnership between the University of Derby and the iNet at Loughborough University.
08:00 – Arrival, registration & breakfast
09:00 – Introduction by Nikos Antonopoulos (BSc MSc PhD MIEEE FHEA FIARIA FBCS), Pro Vice-Chancellor Research & Innovation, Research Professor in Distributed Systems
09:20 – 10:20 – Areas of Expertise presentations:
- Engineering Simulation in Design
- Innovations with Advanced Material and Composites
- Data Science and Engineering
- Ground and Structural Engineering
10:20 – Q&A session
10:30 – Coffee, individual follow ups to Q&A
11:00 – 12:00 - Breakout sessions (individual discussions between business and academics experts)
12:00 – 12:30 – Lunch & networking