Innaugural meeting of the Systematic Innovation Special Interest Group (SISIG) of the IEEE UK & Ireland
This is the first of a series of seminars dedicated to exploring new thinking and ideas about "innovation as a systematic process" with the purpose of constructing simplified and structured approaches to improve the success rates of turning ideas into innovative products and solutions.
The programme also seeks to identify effective approaches to developing the foundations for practical applications and resources for innovation education.
Event speakers are highly respected experts with extensive experience from academic, industrial, business and education backgrounds including Loughborough University and an SME currently receiving support from The iNet, ERDF SING.
This event is recommended to all with interest in innovation especially, practising innovators, innovation researchers and educators.
- 11:30 - Registration
- 12:00 - Introduction and Welcome - Prof B Yazdani, Professor of Product Development and Dean of Nottingham Business School
- 12:10 - Evolution of human problem solving from hunter gatherers to modern day innovation - Dr R Ghaffari, Systems expert and data scientist
- 12:50 - Innovation and Ethics - Prof A G Hessami, Director of R&D and Innovation at Vega Systems
- 13:30 - Innovation and its role in education and potential impact on students future - Dr D Kaur, Head of STEM & innovation at Loughborough Grammar School
- 14:10 - Break & Refreshments
- 14:40 - The role of Systems Engineering in Innovation - Prof M J Henshaw, Professor of Systems Engineering at Loughborough University
- 15:10 - Innovation management systems and the enabling conditions for serial innovation success - Dr B Watson, 3M
- 15:50 - Systematic Innovation, complex systems & capability maturity: not getting so far ahead of the parade no -one knows you’re in the parade anymore - Mr K Cilliers, Editor of TRIZ Journal
- 16:30 - Interdisciplinary vision of Systemic Innovation, its application and the potential role of the IEEE SISIG in ‘democratising’ innovation - Dr F Fassihi, GEP TEC Ltd and & Chair of IEEE UK&I SISIG
- 17:10 - Discussions
- 18:00 - Close
For more information and to book your place please go to: Event Webpage