With a focus on the Food & Drink Sector, this free breakfast seminar will provide information on local and national innovation support.
Whether your business is a committed innovator, start-up or dipping your toe in the water, learn about funding and other help offered by Innovate UK and local support agencies.
With a focus on the Food & Drink Sector, this free breakfast seminar will provide you with information on local and national innovation support to help you grow and scale your business.
This sector has been chosen because of its importance to the local economy and labour market.
Benefits of attending:
- To help attendees understand where to go for innovation funding and practical advice on what is available.
- Expert insight into future trends
- Connect with potential collaborators
- Access to expert business advisors - this event is aimed at smaller companies who do not usually look to government agencies and universities for support.
- Understand what is required in writing a successful grant application.
07.45 am - Registration
08.30 am - Welcome and introduction to the day: Julian Bowrey, Regional Manager, Innovate UK
09.10 am - Successful innovative local SMEs
- Richard Ledger, Millitec Food Systems
- Shahid Sheikh, Clifton Packaging
Future Innovations in Food and Drink
- Ian Wright CBE, Food and Drink Federation
10:30 am - Networking break
11.00 am - Choice of workshops
- Planning for Growth led by Leicester and Leicestershire Business Gateway
- Innovate to Grow led by Enterprise Europe Network
- Innovating through KTP
- Drop in clinics with business support providers
12.15 pm - Next steps and close