The SSGP Showcase is a free to attend, annual event designed to demonstrate the art-of-the-possible in satellite-enabled applications.
The UK Space Agency's Space for Smarter Government Programme (SSGP) aims to help the UK public sector work more efficiently by increasing awareness about the uses of satellite applications, space enabled data and services to meet policy needs. As well as educating and enabling access, by sharing good practice and information across government departments, the programme also funds a number of capability demonstration projects to inspire and showcase the art of the possible.
The SSGP Showcase 2017 is open to people from within the applications sector, Public Sector organisations, policy officials and regulators and funding bodies.
The event is open to:
- Space sector
- Government organisations
- Local Authorities
- Policy Officials & Regulators
- Funding Bodies
- SSGP funded projects
Whether you are looking for the next funding opportunity or would like to understand the art of the possible, this event will be an opportunity to hear directly from various teams involved in space enabled data and applications.
What to expect
The SSGP Showcase is a free to attend, annual event designed to demonstrate the art-of-the-possible in satellite-enabled applications. This year we will be Showcasing a number of projects that have been supported by Space for Smarter Government Programme funding to Showcase their applications.
The day will run from 10am until 3pm with an open plan layout featuring market-stall stands in one area and a theatre for panel discussions set up in the other.
The 3 panel sessions will be:
2) Infrastructure, Energy and Health
Each session will be planned to draw audience participation by covering areas such as:
- What is the art of the possible, what information can be obtained satellites and applications?
- Demonstrating capability, short presentations from SSGP-Funded applications and their end-users
- What are the existing requirements from the Public Sector?
- What pathways or funding opportunities are available to support collaboration between industry and end users?
During the day you will:
- Discover how satellite data and services could benefit UK public sector and how space is already being used by central and local Government;
- Engage with project teams and their end users to explore how these space enabled services could help meet your policy needs now or in future;
- Network with industry and other senior policy makers to explore how space enabled technologies could meet cross-cutting policy requirements and foster further collaborations; and
- Talk directly with Policy, Regulation and Funding bodies to see how they can help you make the most of opportunities available, or overcome barriers.